Informationen in Deutsche Gebärdensprache
Anti-discrimination counseling center
For whom is our anti-discrimination consultation?
- Freelance and employed artists and cultural workers from all sectors,
- who live and/or work in Berlin and
- experience or have experienced discrimination.
We offer consultation on discrimination in the following contexts: Gender, ethnic origin, race, disability, chronic illness, age, sexual identity/orientation, gender identity, religion, language, social status.
You can also contact us, if you have experienced something and you are unsure wether it was discriminatory, or not. We can sort it out together.
This is how we work
- Confidential: everything discussed remains within the framework of the consultation, names are not disclosed.
- Partial: we are on your side.
- Independent: we clarify with you whether and which measures should be taken in the course of the consultation, not with anybody else.
- Discrimination-sensitive: we take into account the reality of your life, the consequences of social inequality as well as structural power relations.
This is the kind of support we offer
- Support in the clarification process:
-What happened? What do I need to protect myself? What room for maneuver do I have?
- Information about the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG) and the Berlin State Anti-Discrimination Act (LADG)
- Joint exploration of options for action, development of a strategy
- Accompaniment to talks with parties involved in the discriminatory case
- Mediation and arbitration in discrimination conflicts
- Support in writing a letter of complaint
- Referral to other counseling centers in case of need, for therapeutic, legal counseling, etc.
- Anonymized documentation of discrimination
We document all incidents of discrimination anonymously. This enables us to point out the frequency, patterns and specifics of discrimination in the arts and culture sector and to work out measures for prevention, for creating awareness and/or empowerment.
We do not take any action without your consent.
We can provide consultation in German and English. If there is a need for interpretation into DGS (German Sign Language) or other spoken languages, we can offer our support in finding suitable interpreters.
We strive to make our consultations as accessible as possible. Please let us know if you have any further needs.
Our consultation is free of charge.
Due to the current pandemic situation, we offer counseling only by telephone or video call.
Consultations usually last one hour. For team consultations or with interpretation, consultations can last between one and two hours.
What we do not offer as part of the consultation:
- Our consultation cannot replace legal advice and/or psychotherapeutic support. If necessary, we can provide recommendations for specialist lawyers and/or referrals to psychological counseling centers.
How can we be reached?
Our open consultation hours are:
- Mondays from 3 pm to 5 pm
- Wednesdays from 10 am to 12 pm